SUMMARY: Management Business Solutions (MBS) is seeking a Temporary Economic Development Assistant for our client in Grand Rapids, MI. This is a contract employment opportunity with a duration of 4 months, and an opportunity to become permanent. This person will provide staff liaison to various departmental divisions and programs under the supervision of the client’s Economic Department Director. The ideal candidate will have local government training and/or experience in public sector.
- Assist in the preparation, administration, and interpretation of contracts and/or legal agreements.
- Support financial team in forecasting efforts by evaluating fiscal elements of economic development.
- Support accounting team in management and reconciliation of accounts.
- Work with contractors and consultants in the grant writing process.
- Prepare, develop, and analyze department budgets.
- Utilize public financing methods to aid in the redevelopment and infrastructure of community projects.
- Perform various other ad hoc administrative duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, government or related field required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in professional, public sector experience required, preferably management level experience.
- Strong MS Excel skills required; MS SharePoint experience highly preferred.
- Experience with GIS programs highly preferred.
MANAGEMENT BUSINESS SOLUTIONS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER