Guest Service Assistant
Reporting to the Admissions and Experiences Manager, the Guest Service Assistant creates a pleasant and engaging experience for inbound informational callers. In addition, this person will perform a variety of clerical and guest services functions including; customer service, word-processing, records maintenance, and file management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures a positive customer experience by effectively managing inbound calls, answering guest inquiries, and referring calls to appropriate department.
- Greets and interacts with guest in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of Zoo operational information to effectively answer guest’s questions and inquiries while staffing the Zoo’s Guest Service desk.
- Resolve guest complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Communicates and coordinates with multiple departments to guarantee a successful visit for all guests and groups.
- Process reservations, invoices, and payments through the Zoo POS system.
- Effectively handle heavy call volumes on multi-line phone system.
- Provides general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and filing.
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, and documents
- Manage the Lost & Found from within the Zoo.
- Provide support for the CEO Executive Assistant for various meetings, lunches, events.
- Provides or assists in the provision of administrative support service for several departments
- Process admission and membership sales as needed.
- Handle the administration of our Kulture City Sensory bags, guest feedback survey coupons, and any other additional guest facing functions.
- Any other duties assigned.
- Ability to interact positively and objectively with co-workers, Zoo and park patrons, volunteers, contractors and members of the general public from a wide range of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds and with widely divergent levels of educational attainment and social skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a strong customer service skill. This position would be handing phone calls from clients/customers and interacting with guest.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work in order to meet sensitive deadlines
- Strong value of service to others
- High level of computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of operating standard office equipment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED combined with minimum of 1+ years of customer service experience. Familiarity with POS systems preferred
- In large part, the incumbent will work in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, but may vary by the amount of guests.
- Incumbent may also work outside and may occasionally be exposed to inclement weather; pollen, mold, dust, dirt and other airborne contaminants; and temperature variations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate is often required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Must have sufficient mobility with or without assistive devices to access all areas of outdoor and indoor attractions at the Zoo.
- Must be able to work in an outdoor weather environment in all seasons and weather, including heat/humidity, cold temperatures, and/or wet conditions
- Must be able to work in somewhat close proximity to exotic and domestic animals and tolerate exposure to animal dander, animal wastes and other zoonotic contaminants as well as dust, dirt, pollen and other airborne contaminants and occasional exposure to inclement weather, high humidity, and to extreme hot and cold temperatures.