Apply at: https://goo.gl/WcK3b7
Reporting to the Development Director, the Development Assistant will provide administrative support to the Institutional Advancement team. The Development Assistant will conduct a variety of day-to-day office tasks, assist with special projects within the department, and be responsible for timely and accurate input of gift information and donor data into the Raiser’s Edge database.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with accurate data entry and confidential processing of gifts from entry to receipting and acknowledgment, as well as donor information and other data related to relationship tracking and management.
- Regular reconciliation of gift and account information with the zoo’s finance team.
- Maintains database integrity through periodic clean-up projects and tasks.
- Professionally answers and fields phone calls, responds to e-mails, schedules meetings, records minutes and other administrative tasks as needed for the Institutional Advancement department.
- As needed, assists with various aspects of the Zoo’s fundraising events, mailings, and other activities.
- Supports stewardship of donors and other Zoo clients by providing excellent customer service.
- Coordinates events, grants, and other departmental calendars.
- Assembles media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Executes other tasks and duties as directed by Development Director.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Efficient time management skills with ability to multi-task.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and able to prioritize work.
- Able to function independently and as a team member.
- Understanding of and comfortable with database systems and data entry.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information with integrity.
- Proficiency with computer data entry and software programs such as the Microsoft Office Suite.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate degree in related field.
- Minimum of two years experience in an administrative position.
- Raiser’s Edge software experience strongly preferred.