Analyze and process general and specialized customer requests or complaints received via mail, email, and online orders. Answer incoming ODBM correspondence requiring a specialized personal response via letter and email. Operate transcription software to type, edit, format, print, and revise various ODBM printed and audio materials.
1. Determines appropriate action to be taken on customer’s behalf, which may include problem determination and appropriate next steps.
2. Analyze and process customer requests received via mail, email, and online orders.
3. Communicates with team leadership, regarding problems, solutions and trends in your area of specialty.
4. Responsible for meeting established individual and team performance goals, which include customer service, productivity, and quality standards.
5. Compose letters and emails in response to customer inquiries.
6. Develop and maintain auto-text items on the computer to assist in responding more proficiently to recurring inquiries and processes.
7. Transcribe from audio files and printed copies (documents and manuscripts). May be required to determine format, layout, and style of documents to be typed.
8. Deliver completed transcribed copy in specific form requested.
9. Provide administrative support for the team.
10. Provide possible back-up for other customer service teams, as needed.
11. Efficient use of Google Docs for information recall.
12. Organize and prioritize work in order to meet team deadlines.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
- High school graduate.
- College courses in English language and composition required.
- Minimum typing skills of 60 words per minute
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated ability in writing and grammar skills.
- Growing knowledge of the Bible.
- Will be required to learn basic ODBM Mail Processing functions.
- Experience with transcription software helpful.
- Must be capable of adapting to continual changes to accommodate our members as well as the organization.
- Must be able to assimilate and recall a large network of detailed information.
- Good customer service skills.
- Requires 1 year on job before efficient.
- Strive to live a life consistent with biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment:
Internal communication with teammates, other customer service teams, and individuals from various teams (Publishing, Radio, Television, etc). Usually non-sensitive.
External Communication Requirements:
Extensive communication with customers. Some topics are sensitive and confidential.
Exercises independent judgment in interpreting instructions to prepare complex and detailed documents.
Stewardship of Resources:
Responsible to meet production schedules and deadlines established by internal customers.
Responsible for sending quality and appropriate letters to customers.
Miscellaneous notes for consideration:
Repetitive motion required in work.
Works in a secure area.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and Inclusion