The Retail Sales Associate will work as a cashier at any gift stand zoo-wide. The successful candidate will be a friendly and outgoing person responsible for accurate cash sales transactions. He or she will work as part of a team to perform any stocking, labeling or customer service tasks needed for smoother operations of zoo retail outlets.
Experience and Skills:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Wait on customers in a timely matter.
- Uphold all customer service and merchandise standards.
- Ensure guests are satisfied with their shopping experience.
- Perform cleaning and stocking duties as assigned and as needed.
- Assist guests at stands as needed.
- Open up and merchandise stands to look appealing to all guests. Close stands properly at the end of the day.
- Must have the ability to follow specific instructions and also be comfortable self-directing.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English fluently.
- Incumbent will work in various environments both inside and outside and may occasionally be exposed to inclement weather; pollen, mold, dust, dirt and other airborne contaminants; and temperature variations.
- Ability to work irregular hours including evening, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to remain active for an entire shift, standing, sitting, walking, and climbing stairs. Employee will use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear, reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to assist guests and be in close proximity to guests of all ages.
- Must have sufficient mobility with or without assistive devices to access all areas of outdoor and indoor attractions at the Zoo.
- Must be able to work in somewhat close proximity to exotic and domestic animals and tolerate exposure to animal dander, animal wastes and other zoonotic contaminants as well as dust, dirt, pollen and other airborne contaminants and occasional exposure to inclement weather, high humidity, and to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.