The Executive Director will provide leadership to the Holland campus Faculty/staff and will be responsible for developing and implementing the campus and Latinx Strategic plan in support of the University's Vision. The Executive Director will establish and build positive Student, community, community colleges and other higher education and business Partnerships. This position will ensure programs and services are implemented that result in increased enrollment and revenue diversification as well as increased retention, graduation, and student employment rates. Serves as liaison with University leaders and faculty/ staff with related university-wide roles to ensure consistent, coordinated efforts. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University’s mission, vision, and values which include diversity, equity and inclusion.
Leadership and Community:
- Develop and implement a campus strategic plan in support of the University's strategic plan.
- Leads University Latinx Initiative and other strategic initiatives as identified by the President.
- Serves on community committees and boards, such as the Chamber of Commerce.
- Attends community events as an ambassador for the University,
- Establish and build partnerships with area businesses and organizations that result in increased enrollment and employment opportunities for students. Including, partnerships with community leaders, local and state officials, community colleges and other institutions of higher education and local school districts.
- Assist the Advancement Office in identifying potential local funding opportunities with local entities.
- Develop and implement strategies to build a positive and clear brand image in the community.
- Act as a university spokesperson as appropriate and in coordination with University communications and advancement.
- Assess and recognize trends in the community that may impact enrollment and academic programming and assist with the development of academic programs and activities that serve the community.
- Achieves established outcomes and measures, including: enrollment, retention, graduation, and student and employee satisfaction, among others.
- Create a positive and collaborative campus culture, consistent with Davenport University's mission, vision and values while maintaining a student-centered learning environment of academic excellence.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to campus faculty and staff, including hiring, training as needed.
- Collaborate with other departments, faculty/staff to establish and maintain positive and productive relationships and meet campus needs.
- Establish and direct a campus leadership team and hold regular and productive meetings with campus staff and University functional leaders to facilitate effective operation of the campus.
- Manage the timely resolution of student and staff issues and problems.
- Implement and reinforce University policies and procedures.
- Assist in the procurement and implementation of appropriate resources and technology.
- Collaborate with functional leaders to ensure budgets are established for campus needs.
- Serve on appropriate committees and attend leadership meetings as needed.
- Demonstrate and promote the University Cultural Values (STAIR).
- Understand and abide by all external and internal regulations and policies. This includes NCAA, GLIAC and national affiliations associated within athletics or other role specific regulations.
- Provide GREAT customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our customers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree completed or in progress required. Earned doctorate preferred.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English with the ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing required.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated leadership and management experience.
- University level teaching and/or academic administrative experience preferred.
- Positive administrative skills in the areas of strategic planning, budgeting, information technology, and human resources.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective strategic business partnerships/relationships.
- Evidence of commitment and achievement related to learning and student success.
- Successful experience in continuous quality improvement and commitment to a team environment.
- Successful experience in the use of technology to improve learning, delivery systems, and services.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and metrics.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of online learning.
- Knowledge and experience with accreditation preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately and effectively with computerized data systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working environment, spirit of cooperation and positive reactions to change and conflict resolution.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, both written and oral which transcend diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, donors or potential donors and others while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Demonstrated motivational and problem solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission of the University.
- Must be able to work an irregular schedule, evenings or Saturday as needed, additional hours during peak times or as required.
- Business office environment.
- Prolonged sitting and standing.
- Use of personal computer and telephone (eye and hand strain)
- Some travel between locations required (own transportation.
- Regular lifting requirements of less than 10 pounds, occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.