Full Time Financial Sales Partner
Salary: $11.00 to $15.00/hour
At First United Credit Union, our employees are our greatest asset. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our members. As a Financial Partner, you will strengthen member relationships with a defined sales process. You will spend most of your time as a personal banker, engaging members in sales conversations in order to identify appropriate financial solutions selling our innovative services. The qualified candidate will be responsible for working with members and handling their transactions to meet financial needs, including loans, new accounts, personal banking and engaging members in sales conversations in order to identify their appropriate financial solutions. Must meet or exceed monthly individual and team sales goals. This position, is based in Grandville, MI and offers a competitive compensation package which includes competitive salary and an incentive program along with medical, vision, dental and 401(k) benefits.
- Drives proactive sales conversations through internal and outbound interactions with a defined sales process including service to sales, teller interactions, appointment setting and effective lobby engagement, ultimately elevating member loyalty. Delivers a full First United conversation with every member interaction to identify appropriate First United solutions. Leverages partnerships as well as maintains a personal community, expand and retain relationships. This position includes a salary plus a competitive incentive program.
- Creates customer loyalty and grows customer share of wallet through a differentiated customer experience. Performs lobby engagement activities to connect with customers and position First United products to meet their needs. Educates customers on options for managing financial transactions by leveraging technology, tools and resources.
- Applies product and procedural knowledge to identify, mitigate and solve member problems effectively to drive member loyalty and provide an excellent member experience.
- Manages risk through adherence to all policies and procedures, demonstrating sound judgment within established limits. Demonstrates a heightened scrutiny to identify and avoid loss. Participates in daily operations, ensuring they are completed in an efficient and accurate manner.
First United Employees follow our vision and assisting our members into their future by saving them time and money:
- Financial Partner- being passionate about what we do and ready to help members budget, save and borrow for the things they need or dream about in life. No matter their financial “first,” they can trust us every step of the way, keeping our members front and center.
- Innovative Service- First United is available 24/7 with our mobile and online access. The future is changing and so are we, as we help our members wherever they are with our new and enhanced products and services.
- Personal Community- getting to know our members and deliver a fun and personal experience while helping to serve in the community and the surrounding area.
Retail Lending – Knowledge of and ability to design and develop retail lending products and services, manage and evaluate operational processes and procedures and ensure compliance with local and company policies.
Selling. – Applies knowledge of banking products and services to meet member needs and enable them to achieve their financial goals. Identifies prospecting approaches to identify potential customers and create opportunities to sell financial solutions and ideas to members.
Creating Member Profile – Knowledge of and the ability to recognize and be sensitive to the different perspectives and priorities of different members.
Banking Products – Knowledge of and ability to provide products and services available through the retail banking branch.
Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Managing Multiple Priorities – Ability to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, or activities, making effective judgments as to prioritizing and time allocation.
Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Roles at this level typically do not require a university / college degree, high school diploma or GED, but do require related experience or product knowledge to accomplish primary duties. Typically requires 1+ years of related experience. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered. Experience with the CU*Answers software and/or being bilingual is a plus.
The First United Credit Union workplace is inclusive and supportive of individual needs. If you have a physical or other impairment that might require an accommodation, including technical assistance with the First United Careers website or submission process, please call 616.532.9067 or contact us via email at HR@FirstUnitedCU.org The Human Resources Service Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
First United Credit Union provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law.