Responsible for creating and promoting planned giving and grant development opportunities in support of the ministry and also the servicing of gifts received from ODB’s constituents related to general and planned giving, including wills, trusts, annuities, real estate and other gifts designated to both ODB Ministries and the ODBM Foundation.
1. Maintain close communication with the Executive Team and other staff in the reporting of gifts received from ODB’s constituents, including wills, trusts, annuities, real estate and other gifts designated to both ODB Ministries and the ODBM Foundation.
2. Under the direction of and close communication with the Senior Vice President of Global Finance & CFO, assist with the oversight and holding of reserves supporting growth of the ministry and the Foundation, and provide input and support for other ministry finance and fund investment functions, as directed.
3. Working with the marketing team, develop and implement a plan to create awareness, cultivate, and engage potential ministry friends for the purpose of supporting ODBM, particularly with planned gift options (bequests, annuities and trusts) and by increasing ODBM’s Legacy Friends group awareness and engagement.
4. Research, identify and solicit potential funding sources (i.e. foundations) to fund existing and planned ministry activities and capital expansion opportunities as well as coordinate the development, writing and submission of grants and proposals.
5. Develop relationships with foundation grant reviewers and program administrators locally and regionally.
6. Be primary point of contact with The Barnabas Foundation and communicate regularly with the Barnabas Foundation to utilize relevant assistance and resources.
7. Offer educational opportunities and materials to friends of the ministry. Provide guidance to staff on an ad hoc basis.
8. Provide regular contact with Legacy Friends members (individuals who have indicated that ODBM is included as a future benefactor in their wills and trusts; also annuity holders).
9. Facilitate the receiving, receipting and disposition thereof for all non-cash donations, including real estate, securities, etc.
10. Maintain close communication with all members of the Foundation Team that includes the CFO, other accounting staff members and marketing representatives.
11. Maintain a comprehensive and accurate record tracking system of all bequest and annuity activities that fully integrates with the ODBM CRM system. Fully document all correspondence and inquiries for future reference.
12. Ensure periodic and timely acknowledgement of all who have contributed to the Foundation via donation, those who have indicated naming the Ministry in their estate plans and who are current annuity holders. This includes personalized letters and other communication as agreed to with the marketing team. Correspond monthly with annuitants.
13. Respond to inquiries relative to planned giving and special non-cash gifts.
14. Maintain annual state registrations for sale of annuities where required.
15. Represent ODBM in community activities and organizations.
16. Perform or coordinate personal visits with major and long-term donors across the country.
17. Maintain awareness of the ministry’s “watchdog” ratings (Charity Navigator, Ministry Watch, ECFA, etc.)
18. Facilitate registrations and involvement in the Combined Federal Campaign.
19. Provide ad hoc analysis as needed.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field required; advanced education is preferred such as a Master’s or Juris Doctorate degree is a plus.
• A minimum of ten years or more of applicable Planned Giving and Grant Development work experience.
• Accounting/CPA experience helpful.
• Excellent verbal and written communication aptitude.
• A self-starter, with a high level of internal motivation.
• Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
• Good understanding of all available planned giving “tools”.
• Experience and in-depth knowledge of estate planning, including wills, trusts, and estate and gift tax laws.
Internal Work Environment:
• Consistent communication with the finance and marketing teams and other work teams throughout the organization is required. Discussions require tact, sensitivity, and are often detailed in nature.
External Communication Requirements:
• Networking with potential funding sources (foundations).
• Serves as public relations representative for the ministry.
• Communication requires tact, sensitivity, and is detailed in nature.
• Interaction with attorneys and other estate representatives on a regular basis.
• Perform or coordinate personal visits with major donors across the country.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Plans, leads and coordinates the Foundation and fund development programs.
Stewardship of Resources:
• Contributes to the oversight of the Foundation and planned giving initiatives, including budgeting, benchmarking, and continuous improvement efforts.
• Limited travel is required.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and Inclusion