Job Title: Solution Architect / Analyst
Work Team: Information Services
Work closely with the Information Services leadership, project managers, business owners, and software engineers. Report to the Enterprise Architect. Exchange ideas with stakeholders concerning the enterprise solution design, structure, software tools and the deployment of enterprise solutions. Ensure that enterprise solutions are well defined and architected (websites, web and mobile applications, business applications, system integrations, and vendor systems). Ensure that enterprise solutions are architected to be secure, functionally-robust, and efficient.
1. Analyze the ministry’s needs associated with areas of established focus (web development, mobile development, application development, processes and interface development, and server maintenance) and make recommendations on the design and the technologies associated with the development and deployment of enterprise solutions (websites, web and mobile apps, business applications, system integrations, and vendor systems).
2. Reports to Enterprise Architect for work assignments, year-end reviews, as well as seeking their guidance in day-to-day activities.
3. Participate in activities related to solution architecture, Sprint planning, and backlog grooming that are part of the Agile process as it relates to SCRUM team activities.
4. Provide technical leadership during the implementation of enterprise solutions and participate in the QA and UAT of assigned projects to ensure that systems perform as designed.
5. Stay abreast of industry best practices and design trends to assist in the Ministry’s strategic direction around enterprise solutions with realistic opportunities for implementation. Actively suggest additions / improvements to established focused solutions (websites, mobile apps, applications, interfaces and vendor systems).
6. Participate in the cost-benefit and return-on-investment analysis to help determine if solutions are financially feasible.
7. Participate in the analysis and architecture design process of new systems by choosing and configuring hardware and software.
8. Participate in monitoring performance and troubleshoot issues as they arise with vendor systems in the areas of established focus. Participate in diagnosing problems, recommending solutions, and determining system requirements of future needs and functionality with vendor solutions.
9. Document essential enterprise solutions with appropriate diagrams, charts, workflows, and processes using tools like Visio.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems
- Three years of enterprise architecture experience in a multi-user enterprise, multi-tenant, distributed, data-driven, and collaborative team environment with modern application development technologies.
- Two years of SCRUM, Agile, and/or DevOps experience.
- Should possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with architecting and designing solutions within modern enterprise software platforms.
- Proficiency with architecting solutions for Ecommerce, CMS, CRM, WMS, SCM, and other enterprise systems.
- Must have good communication and teamwork skills.
- Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a biblically based commitment to Diversity and Inclusion