Festida Foods is a local, family-owned manufacturer of tortilla chips and other similar snack foods for many major national retailers, nationally distributed brands, regional grocers, and food service providers.
Festida Foods is seeking full time, direct hire machine operators for its second and third shift operations. Equipment operators, include processing room and packaging areas.
Kitchen Machine Operators:
- Focus on running and maintaining food processing equipment used to manufacture Tortilla Chips and snack chips.
- Recipe selection and mixing of raw materials to produce snack food that meets or exceeds customer specification.
- Documenting the use of raw goods and lot tracking throughout the process.
- Focus on scrap data collection and documentation. Ability to provide recommendations on solutions to drive improvement throughout the process.
- Participation in Red-Zone compliance and efficiency software data entry to drive improvement throughout the process and organization.
Packaging Machine Operators:
- Focus on running and maintaining snack food packaging equipment.
- Participate in sanitation events as needed
- Monitor quality of packaged product to ensure customer specification are met.
- Light maintenance of equipment as needed
- Assist leadership in providing direction to general labor as needed
- Rapid changeover of equipment when going from one product to the next
- Participation in Red-Zone compliance and efficiency software data entry to drive improvement throughout the organization.
- Focus on scrap data collection and documentation. Ability to provide recommendations on solutions to drive improvement throughout the process
Third Shift 11pm-7am
Monday through Fridays, Saturday shifts as needed
Pay varies on experience – higher pay possible with food processing or packaging experience
This is a full time position with benefits.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance available at the beginning of the month, following 60 days of employment.
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability available at beginning of the month follow 60 days of employment
- 401K at 1 year of employment.
- Potential for bi-annual bonuses to be paid out depending on company profitability.
Job Type: Full-time