Digital Engagement Coordinator
With oversight from the Marketing Manager, the Digital Engagement Coordinator’s primary function will be to grow and manage the zoo’s presence via various digital platforms and tools. The Digital Engagement Coordinator will develop and maintain social and online content that attracts attention, generates interest, and garners high engagement of targeted audiences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following, other duties may be assigned
- Manage and build positive relationships with our digital guests
- Assist in maintaining a continuity of messaging on all digital platforms
- In conjunction with various stakeholders, lead the creation of content in the forms of video, photo, and written content to be used for John Ball Zoo digital mediums in order to drive towards revenue, engagement, and attendance goals.
- Assist in the development of campaigns designed to increase users on all platforms
- Lead efforts to optimize the effectiveness and engagement on social media platforms
- Assist in the management of day-to-day activities related to digital media. Including; monitoring, tagging and analysis of social media conversations across various platforms, maintenance of our brands' social media sites and reputation management
- Reply to questions and comments regularly. Work with all teams to provide authentic and helpful responses
- Stay current and forward thinking on new social media and other digital tools and platforms, best practices, and use within the competitive landscape
- Identify opportunities such as digital trends and topics relevant to JBZ to join in on or potential relationships to build
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to ensure timely and engaging updates to the John Ball Zoo website in the form of both visual and written content.
- Work with other members of the zoo to create - > execute - > analyze cross-platform social media campaigns and strategies
- Contribute to reports that depict all digital marketing paid activity and experiments for a given period, and summarize insights that will inform future activities
- Assist in the creation of messaging and content for all digital platforms
- All other duties assigned.
Required SPECIALIZED Knowledge and/or Skills
- Understanding of the digital and social media universe including Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Pinterest, Google, Twitter, blogs, etc.
- Basic knowledge of photography and video principles; video editing knowledge preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills, and presentation delivery ability.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and show flexibility with daily responsibilities
- Ability to interact positively with a wide array of individuals from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Basic computer literacy and working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing, computer graphics, multimedia presentation and database applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in progress in Communications/Marketing or related field
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The associate is often required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Must have sufficient mobility with or without assistive devices to access all areas of outdoor and indoor attractions at the Zoo.
- Must be able to work in somewhat close proximity to exotic and domestic animals and tolerate exposure to animal dander, animal wastes and other zoonotic contaminants as well as dust, dirt, pollen and other airborne contaminants and occasional exposure to inclement weather, high humidity, and to extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- In large part, the incumbent will work in a climate controlled office environment with no excessive noise
- Incumbent may also work outside (assisting with zoo events) and may occasionally be exposed to inclement weather; pollen, mold, dust, dirt and other airborne contaminants; and temperature variations.