The Intern position will work with the US Outreach team and interface with Voices Collection team and marketing. In this position, the individual will learn how to align Our Daily Bread resources to the vision of local and national organizations for community support. They will learn how to communicate vision and publishing projects via social media.
Summer 2020 - 3 month term (20 hr/week)
Provide outreach support in the following areas:
- Continue to develop content in order to execute social media strategy.
- Assist in market research for developing new content.
- Research organizations to identify strategic ways to support local community with Our Daily Bread resources.
- Launch new projects: HBCU & Oh Freedom Edition.
- Communicate to high-profile partners via Voices Collection Icon’s group.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be a currently enrolled student or post graduation no more than one year.
- A communications student focusing on relations and support to the African American community.
- An interest or experience in sales is a bonus.
- Applicant needs to be skilled in the following:
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Drive software, and Social Media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently in order to create niche promotions.
- Experience or ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- An understanding of how to communicate with African American church and nonprofit leaders.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team-friendly attitude.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a biblically based commitment to Diversity and Inclusion