We are hiring for Assistant Teachers at several locations including at Generations, the David D. Hunting YMCA, and Caledonia program site.
The Assistant Teacher will assist in the planning, developing, and implementing of classroom activities for YMCA Child Development Centers (licensed day care). This position requires face-to-face leadership.
This position is Monday - Friday. Hours may vary.
Associates Degree in early childhood or child development or working towards an associates or bachelor's degree in early childhood or child development; three to six months childcare related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience required. Ability to interact with people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles. Ability and desire to work with and care for infants. Working knowledge of computers and experience with a variety of software applications.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Negative T.B. Skin Test
Documentation of a physical exam
· Assists Lead Teacher in developing and leading daily lesson plans
· Actively engages with children in the classroom
· Assists with daily parent communication
· Prepares materials for daily activities
· Maintains records of attendance, arrival, and departure times
· Maintains supervision of children
· Assists Lead Teacher with parent-teacher conferences as needed
· Efficiently communicates with classroom teaching team
Performs any other functions necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids Association
Free YMCA membership with employment!
Full-time benefits package includes health, dental and visit insurance; 9% retirement upon eligibility; 3 weeks of paid time off; holiday pay; and life and disability insurance.