The Assistant Teacher will assist the site coordinator in the planning developing and implementing of classroom activities of before/after school programs. This position requires face to face leadership for youth in kindergarten through eighth grade.
We are hiring at several locations throughout the Greater Grand Rapids area. Must be available Monday through Thursday from 2:00-6:00pm.
Three to six months childcare or youth-related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Ability to interact with people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages and lifestyles. Ability and desire to work with elementary/middle school youth. Working knowledge of computers and experience with a variety of software applications.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Negative T.BV. Skin test
16 hours of professional development (provided by the YMCA)
CPR/First Aid Certification (provided by the YMCA)
- Assists in developing and leading daily lesson plans
- Participates in games and activities
- Participate with students in the pool
- Provide weekly lesson ideas to the Site Coordinator
- Provide each participant's parents with information on individual activities on a daily basis
- Prepare materials for daily activities
- Prepare supplies shopping lists
- Maintain records of attendance, arrival times, and departure times
- Maintain supervision of children at all times
- Conduct parent-teacher conferences as needed
- Correct children's behavior as needed
Perform any other functions necessary for the efficient operation of the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids
$10.30-$12.66hr; Part Time; Non Exempt (12hrs/week)
Benefits include a free individual YMCA membership and retirement upon eligibility.