The Lead Teacher will assist in the planning, developing, and implementing of classroom activities for YMCA Child Development Centers (licensed day care). This position requires face-to-face leadership in this program and will involve weekly responsibilities.
We are hiring at several locations including the Spartan Stores YMCA, the David D. Hunting YMCA, and Generations.
Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college; Bachelor's Degree preferred; six months to one year childcare related experience; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Ability to interact with people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles. Ability and desire to work with infants, toddlers, preschool and school age children. Working knowledge of computers and experience with a variety of software applications.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Negative T.B. Skin test
Documentation of physical exam
- Plans and leads daily lesson plans
- Organizes and participates in games and activities
- Provides weekly lesson plans to parents
- Provides each participant's parent with information on individual activities on a daily basis
- Prepares materials for daily activities
- Maintains records of attendance and arrival and departure times
- Maintains supervision of children
- Conducts parent-teacher conferences at least annually
- Maintains the quality and quantity of supplies, equipment, and materials in the classroom
- Disciplines children and recommends or initiates other measures to control behavior
- Handles parent concerns
Performs any other functions necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of the YMCA of Greater Grand Rapids.
$11.94-$15.91/hr; Full Time (40 hours); Non-Exempt
Free YMCA family membership with employment!
Full-time benefits package includes health, dental and visit insurance; 9% retirement upon eligibility; 3 weeks of paid time off; holiday pay; and life and disability insurance.