The Harris Press Apprentice will train to gain the experience to operate and maintain the Harris press. The apprentice will gain a working understanding of the operation and safety requirements for the Harris press working alongside an experienced operator, for a period of time, until they show evidence of meeting all training criteria and skills required to run the press.
1. Learn to assists in operating the press at optimum performance output without sacrificing quality. Help maintain productivity standards.
2. Learn the set up & operation of a web press correctly to meet customer expectations.
3. Learn to operate the densitometer as well as make color adjustments.
4. Understand registration issues, overall color quality deviations, and all print defects for each job.
5. Learn to operate the roll splice operation.
6. Complete paper transfers in system.
7. Learn to operate the stacker and palletizer.
8. Perform as required the washing of all blankets.
9. Maintain a clean and orderly physical work environment.
10. Assist in the completion of the scheduled maintenance.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
• High school graduate or GED.
• Familiar with Microsoft Office.
• Must have ability to correctly discern color variances.
• High level of mechanical aptitude.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment:
Occasionally meet with the maintenance personnel.
Stewardship of Resources:
• Responsible for proper operation and care of web press.
• Failure to meet quality standards and provide press maintenance have a significant financial impact on the organization.
• Potential danger in working around moving parts and with cleaning chemicals.
• Occasional heavy lifting.
• On feet fulltime.
• High noise environment.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and Inclusion