Job Title: Vice President/Publisher, USA Region
Oversee written content strategy and English product development processes in the USA for Our Daily Bread Ministries and Our Daily Bread Publishing (ODBP), including writing and editing. Responsible to ensure the delivery goals for USA-produced content are achieved. Responsible to lead in the development and implementation of an innovative ministry publishing strategy and production capability based on defined audience criteria and distribution goals. Responsible to develop/produce a storehouse of top quality contributors/authors and resulting resources that have a high quality of relevant Bible teaching and strong impact in the lives of target audiences, are capable of achieving distribution and sales goals, and build the trusted and highly regarded brand identity the ministry needs and desires.
1. Provide oversight and guidance for Our Daily Bread Ministries and ODBP functions, including author and writer acquisitions and publishing processes.
2. Responsible to oversee strategic planning for print publications. Improve, develop, and refine processes and policies.
3. Collaborate with marketing and publishing teams on content development for Our Daily Bread Ministries and ODBP.
4. Participate in the Global Content Team.
5. Ensure consistent application of the Our Daily Bread Ministries’ Content Philosophy.
6. Responsible to guide ODBP in the creation and implementation of a new and innovative publishing strategy representing the unique challenges of our changing markets and the unique opportunities present in OBM’s ministry model
7. Plan, organize, and direct all resources required for publications. – this includes the acquisition of world class author family, excellence in editorial process capability and delivery of impactful and need fulfilling teaching of God’s Word.
8. Oversee publishing budgets to ensure compliance and effective stewardship.
9. Oversee Discovery House publishing business to ensure adherence to annual plan, including meeting financial goals as well as distribution and impact metrics – goal is to create content that achieves a high level of impact in the publishing and direct market channels.
10. Oversee author acquisition and care, including coordinating with other ministry teams.
11. Oversee the hiring, management, and care of the USA publishing staff.
Study or Knowledge and Experience:
- Master’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or related field
- Ten years experience in the publishing field, with proven track record in successively responsible positions, including five years experience as a publisher
- Strong management and communication skills required
- Strong grasp of evangelical world and sensitivity to the distinctions of Christian publishing
- Capable of coordinating multiple people, tasks, and details of several simultaneous projects
- Strive to live a life consistent with Biblical principles and demonstrate continued growth and spiritual development.
Internal Work Environment:
Frequent communication with those involved in acquiring, writing, producing, and marketing ministry products. Discretion, accuracy, and tact are required to successfully negotiate schedules, deadlines, etc.
External Communication Requirements:
High degree of communication relating to author relations, acquisitions, translation and publication rights.
Provide publication guidance to those involved in the acquiring, writing, production, and marketing of Our Daily Bread and ODBP print products.
Stewardship of Resources:
Recommend and manage products within established budgets. Bottom line responsibility for ODBP performance.
Miscellaneous Notes for Consideration:
Some International travel will be required.
Based on biblical principles, our statement of faith and the richness of our organization’s history, we will strive to reflect our commitment to diversity by honoring the ministry’s mission, vision, values/ethos and guiding principles.
Our Daily Bread strives to embody a Biblically based commitment to Diversity and Inclusion